Anyone who is called up on to lead public prayer may feel anxious and possibly inadequate for such a task. This course offers help for novices as well as veteran leaders of prayer as they create and deliver appropriate prayers for those on whose behalf the prayer is offered. This is a 5-week course. To receive LSM credits you must complete all assignments and attend all sessions.
- Be able to describe various forms of prayer and their applications
- Develop clear content of prayers by analyzing and editing written prayers
- Create prayers for a variety of settings and analyze those of classmates
- Develop skills to preside at free intercessions (prayers of the people)
- Be able to use a basic form of prayer, craft a collect, design a litany, and demonstrate abilities to lead corporate prayer
Required reading: Let the Whole Church Say Amen! A guide for those who pray in public by Laurence Hull Stookey. You will receive the link to order this book once you have registered for the course.
Please know that you must attend all 5 sessions to be able to receive credit for this course. (Wed. August 9, 16, 23, 30, & September 6th from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm.)
You are encouraged to follow this link to register for your course:
To print or share this flyer, you are asked to use this pdf: 08.09.2017 LSM at Moyock